- 3 mid-sized potatoes, cut into cubes,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 3 tbsps vegetable oil,
- 1 tbsp flour,
- 5 cups water at room temperature,
- 1 cup broth of any choice,
- 1 cup milk,
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste,
- 1 handful of parsley, chopped.
For topping sauce;
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil,
- 1 tsp chilli powder.
- Heat vegetable oil, add onion and roast until tender,
- Add potatoes, stir well, cover the lid and cook until tender,
- Add flour and cook 1-2 minutes, constantly stirring,
- Add water and broth, stir well,
- Cook 5 mins. more and then blend until smooth,
- Add milk, parsley and spices, cook for another 1-2 mins., then remove from heat,
- For sauce heat oil, add chilli powder, stir and remove from heat,
- Pour the soup to the bowls and top with sauce.