Today I wanted to share the famous Mihlama, muhlama or kuymak recipe of our Black Sea region. As you know, if you are going to have big dinners with your loved ones on the weekend and have breakfast with long conversations, one of your breakfast dishes may be mihlama.
Muhlama is an incredibly healthy and energizing meal for someone who lives in nature in the clean air of the Black Sea. But for an office worker with a home-to-work-to-home life, it's a bit heavy. For this reason, my advice is not to have family breakfasts for 2-3 people, but to make it at crowded breakfast tables, as I said above. Thus, your amount will decrease.
A 150 g portion of muhlama is 540 calories. Do not overestimate 150 gr, it will only be 3-4 spoons. I know you will say that you are giving the recipe and saying not to eat it. But I don't want you to lose your health while eating good food. That's why it's best to eat a little bit of everything
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 tablespoons of butter,
- 2 tablespoons of cornmeal,
- 2 cups of warm water,
- 150 g of cheese (any melting cheese such as cheddar, provolone, swiss cheese...),
- Melt the butter in a saucepan,
- Add the corn meal and stir for 1-2 mins over medium heat,
- Add the water and stir really well,
- Now add the grated cheese and cook until the cheese melts and combines with the water and butter,
- Serve immediately.