Pastrami Quesadilla Recipe
I adapted Mexican quesadillas to Turkish breakfast culture with this recipe. It's kind of Turkish style quesadilla:)
I used Turkish pastrami but you can use any similar ingredient such as bacon, jamon or cecina.
For Turkish cuisine sucuk is also a delicious alternative. Sucuk is a meat product similar to chorizo but made with beef. It's spicy and really really delicious.
For cheese I used kasar, which is also a traditional Turkish cheese that melts easily. So, you can use any type of cheese that can melt easily. Cheddar, mozzarella and provolone are good alternatives for example.
This recipe would be a good and quick breakfast with a cup of tea.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 tortillas,
- 5-6 slices of pastrami,
- 1 cup of grated kasar cheese,
- 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Melt the butter in a wide pan in which the tortillas can fit,
- Put one of the tortillas into the pan,
- Sprinkle grated cheese over and place the pastrami slices,
- Cook until golden brown,
- Then turn upside down and cook the other side until golden brown,
- Slice and serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal...