Tangzhong Pogaca Recipe
After trying the Tangzhong bread recipe, it would be unfair not to use this method in a Turkish pogaca. Tangzhong method is a life-saving method for those who can't get the result they want, especially in yeast dough. In addition to providing an extra puffiness to the dough, tangzhong gives the smoothest consistency to the dough.
Tips and Tricks for Yeast Pastry Recipes
For those who are constantly disappointed in yeast dough recipes, let's talk a little bit about the tips and tricks of yeast dough. First you should pay attention to the yeast you use. You should read the instructions on the yeast package. For recipes that require instant yeast, you need to change the recipe if you use active dry yeast, for example, or if you use fresh yeast for the recipe requiring dry yeast, you should change the amount.
Another key point of the success of leavened pastry is the temperature of the ingredients. All materials must be at room temperature or warm. Cold ingredients will prevent the yeast from activating, while very hot ingredients will kill the yeast (keep in mind that yeast is alive, you don't pour ice or boiling water on your cat and don't pour it on your yeast also).
Another important point for yeast dough is to knead and rest it for a sufficient time. You should strengthen the gluten structure by kneading and resting the dough. The more you knead the dough, the stronger the gluten structure and the more the dough swells. Similarly, after shaping your pastry, you should not skip the second fermentation process.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 eggs (one yolk for topping),
- 1 cup of warm milk,
- 50 g of butter at room temperature,
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 4-4,5 cups of flour,
- 10 g instant yeast,
- 1 tablespoon sugar,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- Sesame seeds for topping.
- 1/2 cup flour,
- 1/2 cup of water.
For the filling;
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese,
- A handful of chopped parsley.
- For Tangzhong, take the flour and water into a saucepan and beat until smooth,
- Cook over medium heat until set, stirring constantly,
- Remove from heat and let it cool completely,
- Mix milk, sugar and yeast in a deep bowl,
- Add tangzhong, butter, oil, 1 egg and 1 egg white,
- Add the flour part by part and start to knead,
- After you add half of the flour add the salt,
- Add the remaining flour gradually and knead until you obtain a dough that does not stick to your hands,
- Take the dough on the counter and knead and fold for 10 - 15 minutes,
- Take the container again and cover it for 30-45 min. rest,
- Mix the cheese and parsley in a different bowl,
- Knead the dough again and divide into 10 balls,
- Extend one ball with your hands, place a tsp of cheese mixture, close and roll,
- Place the filled balls into a baking tray covered with wax paper,
- Add a tablespoon of water to the egg yolk and beat and brush the pogacas with the mixture,
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until golden brown.