For the dough;
- 1 egg (yolk for topping),
- 125 gr butter,
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 2 tbsps of vinegar,
- 1 tsp mahlab powder (optional),
- 10 g baking powder,
- 1 tsp salt,
- 3-3,5 cups of flour,
- Poppy seeds for topping.
- 1 eggplant,
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese.
- Roast the eggplant either on stove or in oven,
- In a deep bowl combine butter, oil, egg white and vinegar,
- Add flour part by part and start to knead,
- After you add half of the flour, add baking powder, mahlab and salt,
- Add the remaining flor again part by part and knead into a sof non-sticky dough,
- For the filling dice the eggplant into small cubes and mix with crumbled cheese,
- Take a small sized piece from the dough roll and press into your hand to flatten,
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling into the centre of each ball, cover and roll,
- Place on a baking dish lined with parchment paper,
- Brush the egg yolk on top,
- Sprinkle poppy seeds on top,
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius until golden brown.