This is not real magic of course. But the process is such amazing that it seems like magic. Tou prepare only one batter and after you cook it turns out that there ara three different layers in your cake. It is not very apparent in the photos but the bottom of the cake is more dense thatn the middle part. Th middle part is custard like, and the top is a fluffy cake.
It tastes like chocolatte souffle. We liked it very much. Hope you like it too.
- 4 eggs, yolks and whites seperated,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 120 g butter, melted, warmed
- 2 cups lukewarm milk,
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour,
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder.
- In a large bowl mix egg whites until stiff,
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar,
- Add melted butter and continue beating for another minute,
- Add the milk and mix,
- Then add the flour and cacao powder and mix it in,
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites using a spatula,
- Pour batter into a greased 23*23 cm baking dish (do not use spring form because batter is too liquid and the pan could leak) and bake in preheated 180 C degreees until the top is cooked well,
- Cool in the pan for at least 1 hour,
- Serve sprinkled with cacao powder.