Chickpea Starter Bread Recipe
I promised you this chickpea starter bread recipe in my chickpea starter recipe. As a matter of fact, I shared the recipe of kumru sandwich bread, and this recipe is not very different from it, but I know that it is different to explain something theoretically and show the result. So if you share the pepper dolma with ground pepper and say that if you don't put ground pepper in it, it will be just plain pepper dolma it wouldn't work. Every recipe should be explained and photographed separately.
Chickpea leavened bread, as the photo shows, is a small porous, soft bread, especially suitable for toasting and eating at breakfast. At the same time it has a slightly sweet, very pleasant flavored taste.
I say try it before it gets cold. Because the ambient temperature is very important for chickpea starter and the warmer the weather the better it is. Even though your heating system is good in winter, it cannot replace summer heat.
I mentioned it on the kumru bread. The leavening time of chickpea starter bread is considerably longer than that of conventional leavened dough. It's 1.5-2 hours even on hot summer days. As the weather cools, it will take longer.
Enjoy the recipe ...
- 1 cup chickpea active chickpea starter (you can find the chickpea starter recipe link in the notes section),
- 1 cup of luke warm water,
- 500 g of flour,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- For 1 tablespoon molasses, 2 tablespoons water.
- Mix the starter, water and sugar in a deep bowl,
- Add flour gradually and start stirring,
- Add salt in halfway,
- Add the remaining flour gradually and knead until you obtain a dough that does not stick to the hand,
- Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest in a warm environment for 1.5-2 hours,
- Knead the dough again and spread in a 26 cm oven,
- Cover and rest for 1.5 hours at room temperature,
- Mix the molasses and the water and brush the top of the bread,
- Put 1-2 cups of boiling water into a heat-resistant container and place it in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees,
- Place the bread in the oven and bake until brown.