Parmesan Chips Recipe
With increasing awareness of the unhealthiness of the store bought goods more and more people start to cook at home. Sweets have lots of home made healthy alternatives but when it comes to chips category choices are limited. We have tortilla chips and baked potato chips , kale chips and a few other baked vegetables but still not a jungle. Parmesan chips is one of the most delicious members of this bushland. It's all cheese. It's just like store bought chips, very crispy.
I've flavored it with some parsley, but choices are unlimited. You can add fresh or dried mint, thyme, dill, tiny chopped dried tomatoes, garlic or onion instead of parsley. You can add any aroma that you think you love / will love. The most important thing about the recipe is the type of cheese. As mentioned in the recipe, you should use an aged cheese. Fresh cheese would not become crispy until burnt.
The second important point is to place them on the tray apart from each other. They melt and spread while cooking. So if you place them close to each other they will stick together.
You can keep them at room temperature for a few days, they are not appropriate for refrigerating.
Enjoy the recipe...
Parmesan Chips Recipe with Video
- 200 grams of parmesan (or any aged cheese such as gouda or old cheddar),
- Chopped parsley.
- Grate the cheese with the thin side of the grater,
- Spoon the cheese into a tray covered with wax paper 3-4 cm apart from each other,
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley,
- Bake in a 200 C degrees pre-heated oven until golden and crispy,
- Remove onto paper towel and set aside until cool down.