Turkish Roasted Meat (Kavurma) Recipe
Kavurma is a recipe that is often thought to be very difficult, but when done properly, it doesn't actually require much effort. I can't say that I do it very often, but sometimes I crave the trio of kavurma, rice and ayran in such a strange way.
I cook with a pressure cooker, which is one of the blessings of the modern age. Of course, the best thing is to always stick to the original. But since it is not possible to light a fire in the middle of the house and roast in cauldrons, and since our natural gas stoves with tiny chambers are not a substitute for wood fire, it doesn't make much difference to me if they are roasted on the stove for hours or cooked in a pressure cooker. Also, if something is easy, definitely choose the easy one. If you are someone who cooks just to fill your stomach, don't waste your hours in the kitchen for nothing. In that time, you can do more useful things like spending time on your hobby or reading a book.
The cooking time of the meat will vary according to your pot. Please take into account your own experience rather than what I said, or the instruction manual of your cooker. Since I put boiling water in the pot, I never keep it on high heat after closing the lid, I cook it completely on low heat. On the contrary, I do the roasting process on high heat. At this stage, as your meat may burn, you should definitely mix the meats continuously. The time depends on your meat, your pot, etc. will change. You don't have to stick to the time I recommend. After you are convinced that your meat is roasted, you can turn it off.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g of chopped beef,
- 1 onion, cut into four,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 1 tbsp of butter,
- Salt and pepper to taste,
- 4 cups of boiling water.
- Place the chooped beef into a pressure cooker,
- Cook, constantly stirring, until the beef releases its juice and then it evaporates,
- Add onion, garlic cloves and water,
- Cover the lid and cook for 50 mins. in law heat,
- When you open the lid if there is still some juice boil until evaporates,
- In a different pan melt the butter, add beef (throw away the onion and garlic),
- Add salt and pepper to taste,
- Cook, constantly stirring for 5 mins. in high heat.