You can watch the recipe in th following video. I knıw it is in Turkish, but I think it can give idea about the process and textures of the cake, syrup and sauce. I hope you like it.
- 5 eggs, whites and yolks are seperated,
- 1,5 cup sugar,
- 1,5 cup flour,
- 2 packages vanilla sugar,
- 2 tsps baking powder,
- 1 pinch of salt,
- 1 tsp butter to grease baking dish.
- 3 cups milk,
- 200 ml heavy cream,
- 1 cup powdered milk.
For caramel sauce;
- 5 tbsps sugar,
- 200 ml heavy cream.
- Beat the yolks in a deep bowl,
- Beat the whites together with the sugar then gradually add the beaten yolks, flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar,
- You can also use a spoon to mix the ingredients,
- Grease a square baking dish,
- Pour the mixture into the dish and bake until golden at a temperature of 160 º C,
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup,
- Mix the milk, powdered milk and heavy cream in a deep bowl,
- Let the cake cool and then pour the milk syrup on it and let it soak,
- For caramel sauce in a pan melt the sugar,
- Add heavy cream and stir constantly,
- Cook until dense, constantly stirring,
- Top the cake with caramel sauce,
- Set aside in the frideg for 2-3 hours before serving.