Sıkıcık soup is one of the local recipes of Kütahya city of Turkey. It’s base is bulgur but what gives the taste of it is tarhana. In order to understand sıkıcık soup, first you need to understand tarhana. Tarhana is one of the oldest and most important elements of Turkish cuisine. It’s a home made soup mixture powder. You just melt the butter, add some powdered pepper, water and tarhana mixture and cook about 10 mins. And your tarhana soup is ready.
In sıkıcık soup tarhana is used in a different way. It’s some like a spice in this soup recipe. As you can understand tarhana has a unique taste.
As lots of the dishes sıkıcık soup is also topped with garlic yogurt. One day every dish will be topped with garlic yogurt🙈
Enjoy the recipe…
For bulgur balls:
- 1 cup thin bulgur,
- 1/2 cup powdered tarhana,
- 1 tablespoon flour,
- 1.5 cup boiling water,
- 1 teaspoon dried mint,
- 1 onion, finely chopped,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 4-5 cups of water,
- 1 teaspoon of dry mint,
- 3-4 tablespoons of oil,
- 1 cup of yogurt,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil,
- 1 tsp dried mint.
- Take bulgur into a sauce pan, add water and salt, stir, cover and set aside until the bulgur absorbs all the water,
- Add tarhana, flour and dry mint, knead well,
- Make hazelnut sized balls and place into a floured surface,
- For soup heat oil and add into the onion, sautee until tender,
- Add tomato paste and sautee until smells cook,
- Add water and stir well,
- Add bulgur balls and cook for around 10 mins.,
- Add the salt and dry mint, mix
- For yogurt sauce mix yogurt with garlic and salt,
- For topping heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a sauce pan, add dry mint and remove from heat,
- Take the sıkıcık soup into plates and serve with garlic yogurt and mint sauce.