Roasted Whole Chicken Recipe
This recipe takes quite a long time to cook but maximum 10 mins to prepare. I guarantee; you will feel proud and accomplished once you take your gorgeous roasted chicken out of the oven at the end of three hours! Since the chicken roasts in its own juices and fat, the flavors become intense and very concentrated. Do not hesitate to dunk a piece of bread into the juices and taste the intense flavors. Let's not forget about the potatoes that have soaked in the aromas of the chicken while baking. Trust me, they are as delicious as the chicken itself. You can increase the number of potatoes by using a larger casserole dish than I did.
This recipe will make a great main dish when served with a side of rice and salad. If you don't have a casserole with a lid, you can try using a piece of aluminum foil to cover the casserole instead.
- 1 whole chicken,
- 2-3 small potatoes,
- 2 onions,
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste,
- 2 teaspoons plain yoghurt,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- Freshly ground black pepper,
- 2-3 bay leaves,
- 3 cloves garlic.
- Cut each onion into 8 pieces and throw into the casserole dish,
- Mix together the tomato paste, yoghurt, olive oil, black pepper and salt in a bowl,
- Coat the surface of the chicken and the peeled potatoes with this marinade, and place them in the casserole dish, on top of the onions,
- Put the bay leaves and garlic cloves on the sides of the chicken,
- Put the lid on and bake at a 200 degrees celsius preheated oven for 2.5-3 hours, without opening the door of the oven.