Potato Gozleme (Turkish Pancakes) Recipe
Gozleme is one of the most popular touristic place food in Turkey. If you have ever been to Turkey even one, you should certainly have eaten gozleme. If not, then it's time give it a try. But first you should get yufka from Turkish food shops. If it's not possible, you can also try cheese gozleme with home made dough. And if you have yufka but don't want to make it with potatoes, you can also check gozleme in panini toaster.
I don't use extra oil in the potato gozleme because the potato filling already has oil. I just drizzle a tbsp of oil between the last two layers to prevent it from being too dry and for the same reason grease it with butter on top. The flavor and smell of that raw butter is incredible. But if you can't use it as you are allergic to milk or you don't have butter, you can also brush it with oil instead of butter. You can also add some melting cheese inside.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 hand made yufkas,
- 4 tablespoons of oil,
- 4 teaspoons of butter.
For the filling;
- 600 g potato,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste,
- 4-5 tablespoons of oil,
- 1 teaspoon dry mint,
- For the filling take the potatoes into a pot and add water to pass over,
- Simmer until tender,
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add onions and sautée until tender,
- Add the tomato paste and sautée until smells good,
- Add peeled and smashed potatoes and salt according to taste and stir continuously for a few more minutes,
- Add the mint, mix and remove from the heat,
- Halve the yufkas,
- Spread one piece on the counter,
- Spread a quarter of the potato filling in the middle as a square,
- Fold the long edges to the middle,
- Fold one of the short edge and drizzle a tablespoon of oil on top,
- Fold the other edge,
- Heat a non-stick pan and place the gozleme in the pan,
- Cook both sides until brownish and crispy,
- Remove from the pn and grease with a tsp of butter on top,
- Prepare and cook the remaining yufka pieces in the same way.