Pepecura is a delicious, vegan and gluten-free dessert of the Black Sea cuisine. It is made with the deliciously scented grapes of the Black Sea region and gets its unique flavor and scent from these grapes. Of course, it may not be possible to find the same grapes everywhere. You can use any black and pleasantly aromatic grape you can find instead. As long as the grapes you use are delicious, your dessert will be delicious too.
To make Pepecura, the wonderfully colorful dessert of the Black Sea cuisine, grapes are first boiled and the juice is extracted. Sugar, corn flour and cornstarch are added to the juice and cooked until it thickens and your dessert is ready. It is very simple to make and the probability of making something wrong is very low.
Pepecura reminds me of zerde dessert due to its naturally being gluten-free and vegan and of course their consistency. Don't get me wrong, they do not have the slightest similarity in terms of taste.
You can decorate the pepecura dessert as you wish. You have many options such as shredded coconut, pistachios, hazelnuts, flaked almonds, fresh mint leaves, etc.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 kg of scented black grapes,
- 5 cups of water at room temperature,
- 1/2 cups of sugar,
- 3 tablespoons of cornmeal,
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Separate the grapes from their stems and place them in a pot,
- Add 1 liter of water and boil until soft,
- Strain it through a strainer, crush the grapes and pass them through the strainer,
- Take the water in a pot, add sugar, corn meal and corn starch and mix,
- Take it on fire and cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens,
- Share the dessert into serving bowls,
- Once it has cooled and thickened, you can decorate it as you wish and serve.