Iced Caramel Macchiato Recipe
Iced caramel macchiato is one of Starbucks' best-selling coffees during summer. I'm not someone who makes sixteen words coffee orders at chain coffee shops. I don't even order this three-word coffee. Since I drink the coffee without sugar, these syrupy coffees are automatically eliminated for me. But I like to prepare it for my guests at home from time to time. They do not contain artificial syrups or too much sugar, as I adjust the ingredients myself.
Iced caramel macchiato is a cold coffee type originally prepared with caramel and vanilla syrups. Caramel is a must. So I prepare it at home. But vanilla syrup isn't a must. It would be even better if real vanilla was used instead. That's why I did so. If you like your coffee with a lot of sugar and you want to stick to the original recipe, there are two things you can do. The first is to use store bought vanilla syrup, and the second is to prepare a thick baklava syrup and add vanilla to it.
The caramel you prepared and the vanilla syrup if you are going to prepare it will not be a one-time use. You can store them both in a jar with a lid for a long time and use them in flavored coffee recipes whenever you want.
The glasses I use for serving are quite large. So I used two double shots of espresso for each glass. If you are going to prepare it in smaller glasses, you can also reduce the amount of coffee with other ingredients.
Enjoy the recipe...
Iced Caramel Macchiato Recipe with Video
For the caramel;
- 1/2 cup of sugar,
- 3/4 cup of milk.
- Lots of ice,
- 500 ml of milk,
- 4 double shots of espresso,
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground vanilla, 1 packet of vanilla sugar or vanilla syrup.
- For caramel, take the sugar in a large skillet and melt it over medium heat without burning it,
- Add the milk and cook, stirring, until the lumped sugar melts completely and has a caramel consistency,
- Take it off the heat and wait for it to cool,
- Prepare espressos for coffee,
- Fill two 500 ml coffee glasses to the rim with ice,
- Divide the milk equally into two glasses,
- Add two double shots of espresso to each,
- Sprinkle vanilla evenly on top,
- Add the desired amount of caramel.
Enjoy your coffee...