Frozen French Fries Recipe
This recipe has been requested when I shared the crispy french fries recipe. These are not the ones sold in those hamburger chains, but the crispy fries they put with you when you go to a restaurant, no matter what you want. It's nice to be crispy, of course. But I think what's even better is having sliced potatoes ready to fry in the freezer. You can fry it without waiting for it to defrost or without any extra processing. The preparation phase may seem a bit difficult when you first read it. I have to admit, it didn't seem like something to deal with at first either. But once you start doing it, it's ready in a very short time.
With these measurements, enough frying comes out for 2 people easily. You can freeze the amount you want by increasing the amount of material proportionally. In order to take as much as you need and fry them, it is enough to take the potatoes out a few hours after you put them in the freezer and bend them without opening the bag so that they are separated from each other. In this way, you can take as much of the frozen potatoes as you want from the bag without sticking to each other and put the rest by closing its mouth. Not very soon, but I will definitely shoot a video in the coming days. If you are not in a hurry and you are not sure of yourself, you can also wait for the video. In the video, you will also be able to see the chopping method as an extra.
The fries are crispy on the outside and soft inside, just like the ones we eat outside. Because of the pre-cooking process, it cooks in a shorter time than regular french fries. When you first put it in the oil while frying, there is a little splash of oil, but it ends as it starts to cook. So it may be good to fry it in a deep bowl. You can store potatoes in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 mid-sized potatoes,
- 1 liter water, at room temperature,
- 1/2 cup of vinegar of any kind,
- 4 tsps of salt,
- 1 cup of vegetable oil,
- Extra vegetable oil for frying.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices,
- Wash under running water,
- Put into a deep pan,
- Add water, vinegar and salt,
- Put on the cooker and cook for 5 mins. in low heat after it starts to boil, then drain,
- Transfer the potatoes on a clean towel and dry well,
- Pour 1 cup of vegetable oil (not heat) into a deep pan and add potatoes),
- Cook for 5 mins. in low heat after it starts to boil, then drain,
- Place a paper towel on a baking pan and put the potatoes on the towel,
- Set aside until cool enough to freeze,
- Put the potatoes into zip locks and freeze at least 1 night,
- When you want to fry them, heat vegetable oil in a pan and deep fry potatoes without thawing.