Butter Chicken Recipe
Butter chicken is one of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine. It is prepared more easily with less ingredients in less time than many Indian dishes. As the ingredient variety of butter chicken is small, its ingredients are also quite easy. Garam masala is the only ingredient that may not be available in every home. It is an Indian spice mix used in many Indian dishes. So if you are interested in Indian cuisine and want to experiment more, be sure to get garam masala.
The chickens used for butter chicken are pre-marinated and set aside. You should spare at least 1, at most 12 hours for marinating. A very convenient time to marinate chickens in the morning and cook them for dinner. The rest of the recipe is very similar to the classic way of Turkish style cooking. Chickens and onions are roasted and then cooked with sauce ingredients and spices. The sauce is quite thick compared to Turkish dishes. But if you want it to be more juicy, you can increase the amount of milk, of course. Butter chicken is usually served with plain rice. Of course, that is up to you. You can also eat it plain.
- 800 g coarsely chopped boneless chicken,
- 2 spoonful butter,
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped,
- 1 tiny slice of fresh ginger,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 200 ml heavy cream,
- 1 cup of milk,
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin,
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon garam masala,
- 1 teaspoon of pepper flakes,
- 1 teaspoon of paprika,
- 1/2 lemon juice,
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt,
- 1 clove of garlic.
- In a deep bowl, mix the yogurt, lemon juice and crushed garlic,
- Add the chickens and mix them,
- Cover it, put it in the fridge and let it rest for 1-12 hours,
- Take the butter and olive oil in a large pan and melt the butter,
- Add the chopped onion, crushed garlic, ginger and cumin and fry until the onions are soft,
- Add the chickens and fry them until they change color,
- Add tomato paste and stir fry until it smells good,
- Add paprika, black pepper, pepper flakes, garam masala and salt and mix,
- Add heavy cream and milk and mix,
- Close the lid and cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes and remove from heat.