Sponge Cake Recipe
First of all, there was the stage of deciding what the cake would be, which was the most difficult, because our group of friends had different tastes, so I had to think a lot. But lastly, I decided to make it with chocolate and cherry. But unfortunately, the cake part was plain because I forgot to add cocoa while making the sponge cake.
Of course, this was not enough to deter me from my lofty purpose. Let the sponge cake be plain, I will still make the chocolate-cherry cake. I couldn't take a photo as it was not necessary to waste time during its preparation, but luckily I had the chance to take a photo of the finished version.
What mold is the sponge cake made in?
You can also make the recipe by using half a measure of all the ingredients to get a smaller sponge cake in a 21 cm mold, or you can use the same measurements in the recipe to get a wider but thinner sponge cake in a 26 cm mold.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 6 eggs (yolks and whites separated),
- 1 cup of granulated sugar,
- 1 cup of flour,
- 1/2 cup of starch,
- 1 pinch salt.
- Cream together the egg yolks and sugar until white and frothy,
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl along with a pinch of salt until you get stiff peaks,
- Sift the flour and starch and add to the egg yolk mixture and stir well,
- Then add this mixture to the egg whites immediately and start folding it in trying not ot deflate the egg whites,
- Pour the batter into a well-greased springform pan,
- Bake at 180 degrees preheated oven for about 45 mins.