Beet Bulgur Salad Recipe
Today I have a salad recipe that will suit your guest tables very well. While we start to see fresh beets on the market, I think they should be cooked and eaten a lot for the sake of both the benefits of the beetroot and this beautiful color of this salad.
Although the first thing that comes to mind when you think of bulgur salad is kısır, you can actually make salads with different flavors than bulgur. For example, tabbouleh is one of the first that comes to my mind. Kısır is loved so much that there are those who call the tabbouleh kısır without tomato paste. In fact, it is not even correct to compare it with the kısır in terms of taste.
The same goes for this salad. Therefore, never, ever compare it with kısır while eating. If you do this, your palate will search for the kısır taste you are used to and you will never like this salad and similar bulgur salads.
The content of the salad is completely up to you, as in every salad. You can remove the ingredients you don't want and add the ones you want. Roasted red peppers, different pickles, your favorite spices... In short, you can add anything you normally put in your salads and eat with pleasure.
You can prepare the salad 1 day in advance and serve it the next day. There will be no change in taste.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1.5 cups of fine bulgur,
- 1 medium beetroot,
- 1/2 bunch of parsley,
- 2 cucumbers,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- Salt to taste,
- 2.5 cups of boiling water.
- Peel the beetroot, cut it in half and place it in a sauce pan,
- Add enough water to cover it and boil it on medium heat until it softens completely,
- Take the beets from the water, grate them with the coarse side of the grater and put them in a sauce pan,
- Add the washed and drained bulgur, water and salt and mix,
- Close the lid and cook until the water is absorbed,
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool,
- Chop the parsley and cut cucumbers into small cubes,
- Add all the ingredients to the bulgur and mix.