Basic Lamb Chops Recipe
I'm not the type of person to say, give me a lot of meat, meat, I can't live without meat, I have to eat chops. While there are people who will eat lamb chops every day and won't get bored, I would get bored if I had two meals in a row. Of course, there is also the price. When I calculate that I can buy 2 kg of minced meat for the price of 1 kg of chops, I lose my appetite :) I don't go into adventures to try something different with this. I cook it in the most basic way with the most basic marinade recipe and eat it with its own taste. I wanted to share with you how I did it.
First of all, let's start by remembering that grilled meat is soft and juicy. For this, of course, you need to use a quality and delicious meat. Therefore, do not buy this kind of expensive meat from places where you are not sure of its quality. If you do not know of a place, you can ask for advice from your environment.
The second thing you need to pay attention to is that the meat is well marinated. The longer the meat stays in the marinade, the softer it gets, and the more tender it gets, the softer it gets when cooked. For this reason, be sure to plan ahead and leave time for marination when grilling meat. Marinating is a process that can be completely shaped according to taste. You can add your favorite spices and try the flavors you think will suit you. If I want to taste the meat, I will not be surprised by the recipe I have given. If I have it at the moment, I add a few sprigs of fresh thyme to it, but I am not in favor of the dried thyme getting marinated and burning while cooking. That's why, if I really want it and I don't have fresh thyme, I sprinkle dried thyme on it while I eat it.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who disagree with me and like dried thyme in marinade. In fact, for this reason, I wanted to give the most basic recipe and leave the seasoning part to you in this recipe. After you manage to make the meat soft, it's easy to season. Put thyme, add mint, add chili pepper, add onion-garlic.... Your limit is your imagination.
Basic Lamb Chops Recipe with Video
- 400 g of lamb chops,
- 1/4 cup of olive oil,
- 1/4 tea spoon black pepper,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Combine olive oil, salt and pepper in a deep bowl,
- Add chops into the marinade and rub with your hands to make sure they are all covered,
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and set aside in the fridge at least half an hour and at most 24 hours,
- When you decide to cook take the marinade into a cast iron, and heat,
- Place the chops into the pan and cook until one side changes color,
- Then turn and cook the other sides until it changes color,
- Turn again and cook it until golden,
- Turn again and cook the other side until golden,
- Turn again and turn off the heat,
- Cover the lid and set aside for 15 minutes before serving.