Gluten Free Red Bean Brownies Recipe
Before I started to prepare this recipe I had no doubt that I will love it as I had used dried beans in a dessert recipe before. In chocolate covered dried beans bites I had a great result with dried beans. In this recipe as the cocoa powder has also an important role I was so confident about the taste and it turned out even better than I expected.
Cocoa smell and taste dominates the taste but you can also feel tahini taste a little bit. So, if you like tahini and chocolate together I'm sure you will love this recipe.
If you don't want to use tahini, you can use butter in the same amount.
Instead of sugar you can use honey and instead of walnuts you can use hazelnuts, pecans or almonds.
Enjoy the recipe..
- 2 cup canned red beans,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 tbsp butter,
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder,
- 1/2 cup of honey,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Puree the bean in a food processor,
- Beat the eggs in a deep bowl,
- Add the melted butter, honey, baking powder and cocoa powder and whisk,
- Add the pureed beans and chopped walnuts and mix well,
- Pour the mixture into a greased 20 * 26 cm baking dish,
- Bake in a 180 C degree pre-heated oven until the toothpick comes clean.