Gazpacho is a Spanish cold soup recipe which tastes just like our çoban salata. Actually it is the blended version of çoban salata. Almost all of the ingredients are same. We just don't add bread to çoban salata:) But in the soup it is necessary for the consistency.
To make a delicious gazpacho two most important things are to use fresh and delicious ingredients and using them in an appropriate amount. As there are no methods such as cooking, roasting and baking you just taste the ingredients as how they are. So the quality of ingredients are important. And as you don't kill the taste of the food by using any kind of cooking methods the amount is important. If you use too much onion in a regular soup it will not affect the taste so much as onion looses taste when cooked. But when you use too much onion in a recipe which is not cooked such as salads or gazpacho you will taste too much onion and it will be awful.
The consistency of gazpacho is a little bit different than the regular soups. As it is not cooked and as we don't use any binding ingredient such as eggs or cream it is more like a sediment. You should decide the consistency yourself by the way. If you like the soups more liquid you can add water or you can add some ice cubes, so that as the cubes melt the soup will become more liquid.
- 750 g tomatoes,
- 1 green pepper,
- 1 small cucumber,
- 1 small onion,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- Juice of a half lemon,
- 4 tablespoons olive oil,
- Inside of 2 slices of bread,
- Chop the tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and onions coarsely into a deep bowl (or into a stand blender if you use it),
- Divide the garlic in half and add it,
- Add bread, lemon juice, olive oil and salt,
- Using a hand blender blend all ingredients until smooth,
- Put a strainer over another bowl and pass the mixture through the strainer,
- You can add water if you want a more liquid soap or you can serve it with ice cubes.