Today, we reach all the way to Mexico, making nachos, one of the hallmarks of Mexican cuisine. By the way, Nachos is very popular in Spain. But it is made as an element of a different cuisine, just like we do a lot of hamburger. It is served as a starter in more fast food-oriented, more innovative restaurants rather than restaurants where traditional Spanish dishes are served, but not like our appetizers, but for money :)
It's done in many different ways. Only minced meat, completely minced meat, salad, no salad, etc ... The only constant is the taco chips. Today, I wanted to put everything that can be put in and on top of it and give a full + full recipe.
There is no plain taco chips in Turkey, as far as I know, they are all flavored and spicy. Although nachos is made with plain taco chips, there is no reason not to do it with spicy.
You can use canned Mexican beans, or you can use mexican beans that you boiled yourself. Normal beans are not suitable, their taste is quite different.
In the original recipe, sour cream is used, not yogurt. But I think they do not differ much in terms of taste. Few people can tell which one is which when eyes are eaten with closed eyes. I prefer yogurt because it is a more accessible material. If you want it to be a bit more like sour cream, you can bring it to room temperature and wait half an hour before the recipe starts.
By the way, do not forget to take a look at the guacamole sauce recipe.
- 200 g taco chips,
- 150 g fat-free ground beef,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1 cup water,
- 1.5 cups boiled mexican beans,
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese,
- 1 tomato,
- 1 cucumber,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- Olive oil,
- Lemon juice,
- Guacamole sauce,
- 2-3 tbsps yoghurt/sour cream,
- Jalapeno pickles.
- In a large pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil and add 3/4 of the onion (1/4 for the salad) until softens,
- Add the garlic and stir,
- Add ground beef and cook until changes colour,
- Add the tomato paste and sautee until smells good,
- Add the water, mexican beans, salt, black pepper, and cumin, stir and cook for a few mins. more,
- Spread the chips into a large plate,
- Pour the beef mixture over,
- Sprinkle the cheddar over and bake in a 170 C degrees preheated oven until the cheese melts,
- In the meantime, chop tomato and cucumber and mix with the onion and parsley,
- Add salt, olive oil, and lemon juice and stir,
- Remove the plate from the oven and spread the salad over,
- Spread the yoghurt on top, sprinkle jalapeno pickles, put guacamole sauce on top.