Lor Cheese Recipe
Lor cheese is a type of fresh cheese that is used in borek or pogaca recipes. It's also possible to serve it in breakfast, especially with jams.
Even if it resembles to ekşimik, it's far different from it. The taste of ekşimik is a little bit sour. You can understand it from its name; ekşi means sour in Turkish and we can say that ekşimik means soured. On the other hand lor cheese has a more neutral taste, it smells milky.
I use fresh milk to make lor cheese but if you have you can use raw or pasteurised milk. If you use raw milk, you need to boil it for 3-5 minutes before adding the lemon juice.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1,5 lt. fresh milk,
- Fresh juice of 1 lemon.
- Take the milk into a deep pot and boil,
- Decrease the heat and add lemon juice,
- Simmer a few mins., constantly stirring and remove from heat,
- After it comes at room temperature drain with a cheese cloth,
- Use immediately, keep in the refrigerator or freeze.