How To Freeze Okra?
To put vegetables such as green beans and okra in the freezer, I recommend using the method of shocking, that is, first boiling them in boiling water until they change color and then dropping them into cold water. In this way, when you take it out to cook in the winter, it does not differ in taste and color from what you cook in the summer. I prepare them in portions and chop and put enough tomatoes for one's cook on the side, so that the tomato in the dish becomes a summer tomato. While cooking, after frying the onion and tomato paste, I put the frozen okra/beans in the pot, add the hot water on them and cook.
Enjoy the recipe ...
- 1.5 kg okra, trimmed,
- Juice of 1 lemon,
- 4 medium sized tomatoes.
- Wash the okra and remove the stems,
- Peel and dice the tomatoes,
- Boil 2-3 liters of water in a large pot,
- Put 4 liters of cold (ice, if available) water in another container,
- Add the lemon juice to the boiling water,
- Throw the okra into the boiling water and cook for 3-5 minutes. Boil them until they change color, turning them frequently.
- Turn off the stove and take the okra with the help of a colander and throw it into the ice water,
- After waiting 2-3 min., drain the water,
- Divide the chopped tomatoes into 3 medium sized ziplock bags,
- Put the okra above them,
- Remove the excess air by pressing lightly from the bottom to the mouth and close the locks,
- Place it in the freezer without waiting.