Brussels Sprouts Soup Recipe
Brussels sprouts are generally used in olive oil recipes in Turkish cuisine. We don't have so many brussels sprout recipes. In short, it is not possible to say that it is perfectly adapted to Turkish cuisine. I'm trying as hard as I can. In addition to standard olive oil, I have made a contribution with brussels sprouts with dried tomatoes, for example. And today I want to share this delicious soup recipe.
As it is a soup with milk, it has a very soft taste. My most favorite spice used with milky recipes is black pepper (freshly ground of course). It's almost indispensable for me. Nutmeg is also a preferred spice in savory milk foods (such as bechamel sauce). I'm not so into nutmeg actually. I used it to accompany with the brussel sprouts in this soup, not the milk.
I also used parsley to add a motion visually and to give a different flavor. It does not make an important contribution to its taste, but it fulfills its mission visually. If you do not like parsley, you may not use it or substitute it with chopped dill.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g brussels sprouts,
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil,
- 1 tbsp flour,
- 5 cups of water,
- 1 cup of milk,
- Black pepper,
- Grated nutmeg,
- Chopped parsley.
- Cut the stem of Brussels sprouts and remove the first layer,
- Wash and drain and quarter,
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan, add the brussels sprouts and stir,
- Cover the lid and cook in low heat (stir occasionally) until lightly soft,
- Add the flour and roast for a minute, stirring constantly,
- Add the water and mix,
- Cover the lid and cook until the brussels sprouts softens completely in low-medium heat,
- Blend the soup with a hand blender,
- Add the milk and mix quickly,
- If it's too dark for you, add boiling water,
- Cook for a few mins. more, remove from heat,
- Add salt, chopped parsley and spices, stir.