Asparagus Soup Recipe
What is asparagus? In my article, I mentioned that I plan to share an asparagus soup recipe. Again, as I mentioned in the same article, I used my classic method of making milk soup. Whatever vegetable you substitute for asparagus with this method, you are guaranteed to have a great soup, as long as the vegetable you use does not taste bad. I want to unpack a little so you don't misunderstand what I'm saying. You should use the same "method", not the same amount of material. Since the starch ratio of each vegetable is different, the amount of flour and water you need to use will also vary. Always change these two ingredients according to the vegetable you are using.
For example, the most starchy vegetable that comes to my mind is potatoes. When you use the same method for potato soup, you should reduce the amount of flour by half. Although it seems that there is no need to use flour in a soup made with potatoes, which is a very starchy vegetable, it is good if it is used in milk soups as it helps the soup to bind, that is, to have a smooth consistency.
I've said this many times before, I'm in favor of simplicity in food. I prefer to taste the main ingredient of the food instead of drowning the food with spices. I don't use a lot of spices for this either. That's what I did with this soup. Salt and pepper was enough for me. But another thing I always say is that the use of spices depends entirely on taste. If black pepper is not enough for you, you can use other spices that you think you may like.
Be careful to add the salt after the bottom of the soup is covered as I did in the recipe. Salt can cause curdling of milk. For this reason, it is important that the milk is added after it has cooked a little and that it does not continue to boil after it is added.
- 400 g green asparagus,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 2 tablespoons flour,
- 4-5 cups of water,
- 1 cup of water milk,
- Black pepper.
- Wash, drain and chop the asparagus,
- Melt the butter in a deep pan and add into asparagus,
- Cover the lid and roast until the asparagus is soft, stirring occasionally,
- Add the flour and saute for a few mins.,
- Add into 4 cups of water at room temperature and stir for a few mins.,
- Pulse with a blender until smooth,
- Check the consistency and add a cup of boiling water if necessary,
- Cook for 5-10 mins. more in low heat,
- Add into the milk and cook for a few mins. more,
- Remove from heat, add into the salt and pepper and stir.