Spinach Potatoes Au Gratine Recipe
This is a delicious recipe that will drive vegetable lovers crazy. You may not have thought before that spinach and potatoes would go so well together. But they make a really great couple. There are no words to describe the beauty of its appearance.
The potatoes are boiled briefly in advance to ensure they are cooked. But if you don't want to deal with it, you can chop the potatoes a little finer and use them raw by covering them with baking paper to prevent them from browning immediately, increasing the cooking time in the oven. Red pepper is not a must, but it makes a great contribution both visually and in terms of taste.
Enjoy the recipe
- 200 g spinach, chopped,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 2 potatoes, sliced,
- 1 red pepper, sliced,
- 3-4 tbsps pf vegetable oil,
- 1.5 cups of grated parmesan.
For Bechamel Sauce;
- 1 tbsp of butter,
- 1 tbsp of flour,
- 2 cups of milk,
- In a large pan boil sliced potatoes for 10 mins.,
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and add onions,
- Cook until softened,
- Add spinach and cook well,
- For bechamel sauce melt butter and add flour,
- Cook for 2-3 mins. constantly stirring,
- Add milk and whisk fast to combine,
- Add salt and pepper, stir and remove from heat,
- Grase a 21*21 cm baking dish,
- Lay ahlf of the potato slices into the dish,
- Lay half of the peppers on potatoes,
- Lay half of the spinach,
- Lay half of the bechamel sauce,
- Lay half of the cheese,
- Repeat the same layering for the remaining ingredients,
- Cover with alumnium foil,
- Bake for 20 mins. in a 180 C degrees preheated oven,
- Remove the foil and bake again until the top .