Spinach Gratin Recipe
Forget about the spinach gratins you have eaten so far, I will introduce you to a brand new taste today. But beware, it is not as light as light it feels while you are eating:)
Spinach gratin is usually made with roasted spinach and topped with bechamel sauce. In this method, especially if the spinach is not well roasted, it releases water, it cannot be a whole with bechamel sauce, it doesn't seem very appetizing even if it satisfies with the taste. I aimed to eliminate this visual problem with this recipe and I think I have succeeded it.
I will give a humble advice about the taste of the recipe. Make sure that the cheeses you use have a special fragrant and taste. Because the flavor and smell of cheese can not be obtained with any other material and spice. I used a mix of old amsterdam and provelone. Old cheddar, edam, gouda, parmesan, etc would be all ok. But unless you have to, don't use the cheeses that are sold as pizza cheese mixtures or any cheese sold grated actually:) They generally don't have a special taste and they just make you take unnecessary calories.
A final note on the recipe. You can serve it as a main course or you can use it as a dipping sauce without baking. It would be a great snack with chips or toasted bread slices.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 600 g spinach,
- 1 onion,
- 2.5 cups of milk,
- 2 tablespoons of flour,
- 1 tbsp butter,
- 3 tablespoons oil,
- 1.5 cups of melting cheese,
- Black pepper.
- Add toasted chopped onion and roast until soft,
- Add the spinach that you have chopped and roast until
- Melt the butter in a separate pan and add the flour and roast until it smells,
- Add the milk and stir until the pellets are removed (if necessary, through the blender),
- Cook over low heat and stir until dark.
- Add 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper and stir and stir until the cheese melts,
- Remove from the fire and add the spinach and mix,
- Release the mixture into a 20 * 26 cm oven pan,
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C until golden brown.