- 2 mid-sized onions,
- 1 cup flour,
- 1/2 cup cornflour,
- 1 cup sparkling water,
- 2 tsps salt,
- 2 tsps sugar,
- 1,5 cup bread crumbs,
- Vegetable oil to fry.
- Peel and slice onions,
- Seperate the onion rings,
- In deep bowl combine flour, cornflour, salt and sugar,
- Add sparkling water step by step and stir at the same time,
- Stir constantly until no lumps,
- Coat onion rings with the batter first, then bread crumbs and fry in boiling oil,
- Transfer fried onion rings into a strainer and wait 5 mins. before transfering to serving plates.