Onion Rings Recipe
Onion rings are one of the last ones that come to my mind in the fast food category. Otherwise, I wouldn't feel any lack of it, so I don't have such a connection. I had a request for onion ring recipe a few times. But I have to admit it was not on my "to do" list, but on my "sometimes to do" list. Last week, my nephew Emre called and said why don't you have an onion ring recipe, do it. Let's do it together then, I said. It didn't break, thank you. We made our onion rings, either because of the bitterness of the onion, or because of the bitterness of the onion.
We shot a video as well, but I don't know if something clear with integrity will emerge. If we can get it together, I plan to post the footage and the video next week. If you are one of those who learn by watching, you can wait for the video before trying the recipe.
You can use any type of onion you want to make onion rings. However, it will give better results as the rings of white onions are more easily separated from each other and more smooth rings are obtained.
Since we put sugar in the dough where we find the rings, the onion rings are not sweet, the salt always suppresses the sugar taste. You can use 1.5 cups of flour instead of corn flour. However, it will not be as crispy as with cornmeal.
Enjoy the recipe...
Onion Rings Recipe with Video
- 2 mid-sized onions,
- 1 cup of flour,
- 1/2 cup of cornflour,
- 1 cup of sparkling water,
- 2 tsps of salt,
- 2 tsps of sugar,
- 1.5 cup of bread crumbs,
- Vegetable oil to fry.
- Peel and slice onions,
- Separate the onion rings,
- In deep bowl combine flour, cornflour, salt and sugar,
- Add sparkling water step by step and stir at the same time,
- Stir constantly until no lumps,
- Coat onion rings with the batter first, then bread crumbs and fry in boiling oil,
- Transfer fried onion rings into a strainer and wait 5 mins. before transfering to serving plates.