I want to share a super light and healthy recipe with you today. I love sunchoke in every form. I eat it both raw and cooked. Sunchoke is an interesting creature in that it tastes more like a fruit when eaten raw and more like a vegetable when cooked. I’m pretty sure some of you have never eaten or even heard of it before. Well, I’m glad to be the one who introduced you since this low in calorie, high in fiber root is quite rich when it comes to health benefits. It has a distinctly sweet, rooty and slightly nutty flavor. It’s ideal for people who are trying to lose weight since it’s low calorie and very filling at the same time.
- 500 gr. sunchoke,
- 2 carrots,
- 1/3 cup olive oil,
- Juice of half a lemon,
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar,
- 2 teaspoons salt,
- 2 teaspoons flour,
- 3 cups water,
- Finely minced dill.
- Peel the sunchokes and cut into large chunks,
- Peel the carrots and slice,
- In a large pot, put the olive oil,
- Place the sunchokes and carrots in the pot on a single layer,
- Put the lid on and cook on low heat for a few mins,
- In a bowl, mix together water, lemon juice, salt, sugar and flour,
- Add this mixture to the pot and put the lid back on,
- Cook on low heat until the sunchokes and carrots are softened,
- Sprinkle some minced dill on top and serve chilled.