Meatballs With Tomato Sauce And Melted Cheese
Serving : 4 Servings
- 400 gr. ground beef or lamb,
- 1 onion, grated,
- 1 egg,
- 1 handful of choped parsley,
- 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs,
- 1 teaspoon black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon cumin,
- 1 teaspoon paprika,
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
For tomato sauce;
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 green pepper, chopped,
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic, chopped,
- 1 tbsp tomato paste,
- 2 tsps ground red pepper,
- Salt to taste,
- 1 cup water,
- 4 tbsps vegetable oil.
1 cup garted parmesan.
- Put all the meatball ingredients (except vegetable oil) in a large bowl and mix well with your hands,
- Form small oval shaped balls,
- Grease a baking dish with vegetable oil and place meatballs,
- Bake at 180 C degress until the meatballs are cooked,
- For the sauce haet vegetable oil and add onion, garlic and green pepper,
- Cook for 5-7 mins. stirring,
- Add tomato paste and ground red pepper and cook for another 3 mins.,
- Add tomato and cook until it melts,
- Add water and salt and boil for 5 mins. at low heat,
- Pour the tomato sauce over the meatballs,
- Top with parmesan cheese and bake again until the cheese melts.
- Decorate with parsley.