For the crust;
- 2 cups flour,
- 175 g butter, cut into cubes and frozen,
- 2 tbsp sugar,
- Zest of 1 lemon.
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 2 tbtp flour,
- Juice of 3 lemons,
- Zest of 2 lemons.
- For crust combine flour, lemon zest and sugar in a deep bowl,
- Rub into the mixture using your fingertips to make a light breadcrumb texture,
- Then knead for a few mins until it becomes a ball (do not overwork),
- Place a parchement paper into a 27*40 cm baking pan,
- Place the dough evenly into the pan,
- Set aside in the fridge for 1 hour,
- Then bake in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven for 15-17 mins.,
- Remove from oven and set aside until cool,
- For the filling beat eggs and sugar until creamy,
- Add lemon juice step by step and keep beating,
- Add flour and lemon zest and mix togther,
- Pour the filling onto the crust,
- Bake again in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven for 20 mins.,
- Sprinkle confectioners sugar on top while serving.