Lemon Bars Recipe
With the onset of winter, I said let's start with lemon recipes and I wanted to share this recipe that we love to eat. These are actually tiny bite-sized tarts, don't look at the cool name. It has a soft cream on a crunchy base. If you like lemon flavors, you should definitely try it. You will absolutely love it. Of course, being a single bite is also great. Easy to serve and easy to eat. Compared to many tarts and pies, the amount of ingredients is less, and its preparation is also practical.
They will say that I have made 10 slices, because I know that it will come out, I put the sliced version in advance. Turkish women generally tend to make large pastries and cut large slices. That's why they imply that I make 6-7 pieces of what I can do in 20 pieces and then lie to me, I get hurt. From time to time, I wonder who lied to these people, what lies did they tell me so that they treat me like this.
While making your tart dough, make sure your butter is frozen in the freezer, but don't worry about what's going to happen. Likewise, after spreading the dough in your container, do not skip the step of keeping it in the refrigerator. Things that seem simple can be very important in the kitchen. No one, especially me, will tire you out and do extra work. If you are advised to do something, do it.
One last thing; please don't bargain about the amount of eggs, nothing less :) You can't feel the slightest egg smell, don't worry.
Enjoy the recipe...
For the crust;
- 2 cups flour,
- 175 g butter, cut into cubes and frozen,
- 2 tbsp sugar,
- Zest of 1 lemon.
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 2 tbtp flour,
- Juice of 3 lemons,
- Zest of 2 lemons.
- For crust combine flour, lemon zest and sugar in a deep bowl,
- Rub into the mixture using your fingertips to make a light breadcrumb texture,
- Then knead for a few mins until it becomes a ball (do not overwork),
- Place a parchement paper into a 27*40 cm baking pan,
- Place the dough evenly into the pan,
- Set aside in the fridge for 1 hour,
- Then bake in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven for 15-17 mins.,
- Remove from oven and set aside until cool,
- For the filling beat eggs and sugar until creamy,
- Add lemon juice step by step and keep beating,
- Add flour and lemon zest and mix togther,
- Pour the filling onto the crust,
- Bake again in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven for 20 mins.,
- Sprinkle confectioners sugar on top while serving.