Easy to prepare and easy to cook. This is what a working and at the same time in the desire of eating healthy person needs I think. When you saw the word “fried” I’m sure you thought it is an unhealthy recipe but it’s nut. The frying process does not require lots of oil actually. You can fry food in just 2 tablespoons of oil if you use the oil economically.
In non-stick pans you don’t need ay oil indeed. But when you don’t use any oil, the food dries out and gets firm. You an get rid of this problem with 2 tablespoons of oil and cooking the lid on. The vapour of the oil speed up the cooking process and softens the food.The only thing you have to be careful about is the heat. You should cook the chickens in low heat when the you cover the lid. Otherwise the chickens burn.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 2 half chicken breast,
- 1 tablespoon yogurt,
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard,
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs,
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese,
- 3 tablespoons ground walnuts,
- 3 branches fresh thyme,
- Black pepper,
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Combine the yoghurt, mustard, thyme leaves, salt and black pepper in a bowl and mix well,
- Put the chicken breasts into the mixture and rub the chickens,
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and walnuts in a large plate,
- Cover the chicken breasts with the bread crumbs mixture,
- In a pan of 24-26 cm, fry 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- Put the chickens into the pan,
- Cook the breasts in mid-high heat about 5 mins. each sides, until they are golden,
- Decrease the heat, cover the lid and cook for another 5-10 mins.