- 500 gr. beef flank steak (4 pieces),
- 1 onion,
- 2 green bell peppers,
- 2 red bell peppers,
- Olive oil,
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice,
- 3 cloves of garlic,
- 1 onion (grated),
- 1/4 cup brown sugar,
- 1/3 cup olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes,
- 1 teaspoon cumin,
- 1 teaspoon thyme,
- 2-3 teaspoons salt.
- Cut the beef steaks into bite-size rectangles,
- Combine all the marination ingredients in a large bowl,
- Mix the beef with the marination mixture and refrigerate for minimum 8, maximum 24 hours,
- Either grill or shallow-fry the beef pieces in very little olive oil on both sides,
- Slice the onion and peppers, then sauté them in some olive oil adding salt to taste,
- Put some of the cooked meat, along with the sautéed onion / pepper mixture on warm tortillas,
- Garnish with sour cream sauce.
For the sour cream sauce;
Mix equal portions of heavy cream and thick greek yoghurt, then stir in 1-2 drops of lemon juice.