Chicken Kaçamak Recipe
Kaçamak is a traditional Turkish dish which can be cooked in various types.It's similar to Italian polenta. It can be served plain, with chicken or meat or with melted butter and molasses as a desert. In this version I made chicken kaçamak. You can prepare the same dish with chooped or ground beef also.
For the kaçamak;
- 3 cups of boiling water,
- 2 teaspoons of corn flour,
- 1 tablespoon butter.
For chicken sautee;
- 1 whole chicken breast, chopped,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped,
- 3 tablespoons oil,
- For the sautee heat oil in a large pan,
- add into the onion and sautee until tender,
- Add the chopped chicken and cook until it changes color and the broth evaporates,
- Add the tomato paste and roast it until smells good,
- Add tomato and cook until tender,
- Add the salt, stir and remove from the heat,
- For the kaçamak take water into a deep pan, add salt,
- Add corn flour to the boiling water and stir quickly until the lump is gone,
- Cook, constantly stirring, until the desired consistency,
- In a different pan melt the butter,
- Pour the kaçamak into the serving plates,
- Toss the melted butter over and place the sauteed chicken on top.