Chicked Enchilada Recipe
Enchilada is a Mexican dish. It actually has a very hot sauce, as in many Mexican dishes. But although we are familiar with the Southeastern Anatolian cuisine, we cannot eat bitter as much as Mexicans do. That's why I prepared a sauce that an average Turkish person can eat. Speaking of pain... Enchilada actually gets its name from pain. The name of the famous Mexican hot pepper is chilli. In enchilada, it is the past tense of the word "enchilar", which means "to add chilli pepper".
This shows that at first they only made this dish with chilli sauce, tomatoes were added later. Fortunately, tomatoes were added and I had the opportunity to try this dish and share it with you. If it was only made with chilli sauce, I wouldn't even think of trying it.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 whole chicken breast,
- 4 large tortillas or lavash,
- 200 g cheddar cheese,
- 2 tablespoons of oil,
- 1 teaspoon of thyme,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 3-4 sprigs of parsley.
For the sauce;
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste,
- 1 tablespoon of white flour,
- 3 tablespoons of oil,
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of grape vinegar,
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar,
- 1 teaspoon of cumin,
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper,
- 1 teaspoon paprika,
- 2 teaspoons of salt,
- 1 glass of water.
- Cut the chicken julienne (thinly),
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chickens and cook until they release their water and start to brown slightly,
- Add salt, pepper and thyme, mix and remove from heat,
- For the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan,
- Add the grated garlic and turn it like this,
- Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and fry it, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes,
- Add vinegar, granulated sugar, cumin, ground pepper, chili pepper, salt and water and mix,
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Spread one of the tortillas on the counter,
- Put 2 tablespoons of sauce on it and spread it with the back of the spoon,
- Put a quarter of the chicken in the middle,
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of grated cheddar on the chicken,
- Fold the edges of the tortilla in the middle and roll it up,
- Prepare the remaining ingredients in the same way,
- Place the rolls in an oven tray where the tortillas that you have greased with oil can fit,
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over them.
Sprinkle the remaining cheddar on top,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C degrees until the cheddar melts,
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped parsley on top.