- 5 cups + 2 cups whole milk,
- 1/4 cup rice,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 3 tablespoons rice flour,
- 1 egg yolk.
- Add 5 cups of whole milk and 1/2 cup of rice into a pot,
- Cook on low heat stirring frequently until the rice is soft,
- Add the sugar and stir,
- Dissolve the rice flour in 1 cup of milk,
- Add this to the pot slowly while whisking,
- Continue stirring until the pudding thickens,
- Remove from heat and add the egg yolk into the pudding while whisking,
- Distribute the pudding among oven-safe ramekins,
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish filled with water to create a water bath,
- Place the baking dish on high rack in the oven,
- Bake at 210 degrees Celsius until the top turns brown.