Zebra Cake Recipe
I hosted a little guest in my kitchen at the weekend. We made zebra cake with my niece Tuna. Surely, those who follow Instagram already know. We laughed a lot, we had a lot of fun, we messed up... Above all, we had a wonderful memory. While we were having so much fun, it would be okay if we didn't record it on video. Years later, my hands will be wrinkled, and we will watch Danube with her children in her arms, sometimes laughing and sometimes shedding tears. If God gives life. That's why I love video technology so much. It almost gives you a time travel experience. In good days, lots of videos should be shot whenever possible.
If nothing goes wrong, I will share the video with you next week. I hope you have as much fun watching it as we do.
The zebra cake looks amazing. But it is very simple to make when compared to other cakes, pastries and desserts that look great. A normal cake batter is prepared and divided into two parts and cocoa is added to one of them. Then it is poured into the tray line by line. It is important that both doughs are poured directly on top of each other in order for the shape to come out beautifully. If it escapes to the corner and spreads, its shape will be distorted.
You don't have to use my recipe for cake batter. You can also use a cake recipe that you like very much and that you always get good results.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 eggs,
- 1 cup of sugar,
- 1.5 cups of milk,
- 1 cup of vegetable oil,
- 3 cups of flour,
- 10 g of baking powder,
- 10 g of vanilin sugar,
- 2 tbps of cocoa powder.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until creamy,
- Add milk and oil and mix well,
- Add flour step by step and keep mixing,
- Add baking powder and sugar vanilin together with flour and mix until you reach a smooth batter,
- Pour batter into another bowl and add cocoa powder, mix well,
- Grease a 21 cm baking pan,
- Pour a scoop of plain batter, then a scoop of cocoa batter on top and repeat this until the batters are finished,
- Make lines from middle to edges with a toothpick,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven until golden on top.