- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, washed and drained,
- 1/2 cup olive oil,
- 1 tbsp pine nuts,
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese,
- 2 garlic cloves,
- 1/2 tsp black pepper,
- 1 tsp salt.
- In a sillet saute pine nuts for 2-3 mins.,
- Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor,
- Add the garlic and cheese and pulse a few times more,
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula,
- Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.