Kohlrabi Carrot Salad Recipe
I don't know if I mentioned it before but probably I did. I can't find some of the fruits and vegetables in Spain that I could find in Turkey. One of them is kohlrabi. I saw in a few shops before but as Spanish people don't know or eat it it's not sold immediately and the one I could find was soft and stale.
Last week in a local shop I found fresh ones. I couldn't miss that chance, so I bought a couple of them. I had some carrots in the fridge, so I combined them in this delicious salad.
If I couldn't find any time for salad I just used to peel and slice them and sprinkle over some salt and fresh lemon juice in Turkey. Kohlrabi itself is a really delicious and juicy vegetable, it's a salad on its own.
I like it both with meat and vegetable dishes but it goes best with fish I think. So I suggest you to try it with fish even for just once.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 kohlrabi,
- 2 carrots,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- Fresh juice of half lemon,
- 3 tablespoons olive oil,
- Salt to taste.
- Peel the kohlrabi and carrots,
- Grate with the thick side of the grater and take into a deep bowl,
- Add the parsley,
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil and salt in a small bowl,
- Spread the sauce over the vegetables and mix well without crushing,
- Take into the serving plate and serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal...