Karadeniz Pidesi Recipe
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water,
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk,
- 2,5 cups flour,
- 2 tsps active dry yeast,
- 1 tbsp sugar,
- 2 tsps salt.
- 1 kg mozerella cheese,
- 2 eggs.
- 1 egg for each flat bread,
- 7-8 dessert spoon butter,
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil.
- In a mixing bowl sift flour, yeast, sugar and salt,
- Add milk and water and combine well,
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic and give a ball shape,
- Cover the dough ball with a clean damp towel and put aside for about an hour until it doubles in size,
- In the meantime prepare the filling,
- Grate mozerella cheese and combine with eggs,
- When the dough doubles knead for 5 minutes and cut in 8 pieces,
- Knead and give a ball shape to each,
- Flatten the balls with your hands first and then roll in an oval shape with a roller,
- Spread the topping on each dough evenly and fold the long sides towards inside and twist the ends,
- Spread vegetabe oil on the edges,
- Place a parchament paper on a cooking tray and arrange pides on the tray,
- Bake in a 190 C degrees preheated oven until the edges golden,
- Remove pides from the oven and crack an egg on top of each and bake again until egg whites are well done,
- Remove from oven and serve with a dessert spoon of butter on top.