- 4 mid-sizde carrots,
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil,
- Salt and pepper to taste,
- Parsley stalks to bind carrots.
- Using the sharp knife, cut 1 carrot in half crosswise,
- Next, cut each half in half lengthwise,
- Finally, cut each half in half lengthwise again,
- You will end up with 8 sticks from the carrot,
- Repeat with the other carrots.
- In a bowl, combine the carrot sticks, vegetable oil, salt and pepper,
- Stir with a rubber spatula until the carrot sticks are evenly coated with all the other ingredients,
- Dump the carrots onto the parchement-lined baking pan,
- Spread the sticks out as much as possible,
- Bake until the carrots are tender and well browned, about 20 minutes,
- Remove the pan from the oven,
- Soak parsley stalks in boiling water for 2-3 mins,
- Bind 4-5 pieces of carrots together with stalks.