- 3 eggplants,
- 3 red bell peppers,
- 2 tomatoes,
- 4 cloves of garlic,
- 1/4 cup lemon juice,
- 2 table spoons olive oil,
- Salt to taste.
- Place the eggplants, bell peppers and tomatoes directly over the flame of a gas burner or barbecue or under a preheated grill, turning regularly, until completely blackened and soft,
- Place in a large bowl, cover with a lid or plastic wrap and leave to sweat for 10 minutes,
- Peel off and discard as much of the blackened skin as you can,
- Cut the stalks and chop finely,
- Add smashed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and mix well.