Today I have an easy to prepare meze (Turkish appetizers) recipe. I think the best thing to do with mezes is to prepare a dinner menu consisting entirely of mezes, whether with alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages.
I do this especially on the days when I bake fresh sourdough bread. Because unfortunately many mezes are better with bread 🙂 Dried bean paste is one of my favorite appetizers on these dinners. If I have pastrami at home I use it, otherwise I just serve it with fried butter with ground chili. Both are awesome. It will also be possible to make it vegan by removing the pastrami and using olive oil instead of butter.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 2 cups canned beans,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- Salt to taste,
- 2-3 slices of Turkish pastrami,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 1 teaspoon of ground chili.
- Take the beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt into a food processor and pulse into a smooth consistency,
- Spread the paste into a serving plate,
- Melt the butter in a pan,
- Add the pastrami until they change colour,
- Add the ground chili, mix and remove from the heat,
- Sprinkle the pastrami sauce over the bean paste.