Dızmana is a cheese pastry mostly made in Trakya region of Turkey. Actually it's made by just the Turkish immigrants migrated from Bulgaria around 80's. It's a soft, savory pastry filled with cheese and topped with a yogurt and egg mixture.
When you bake it the mixture turns into something similar to cheese, so actually we can say that it's also topped with cheese.
You van eat it at breakfast with tea or at lunch or dinner with cold beverages.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1/2 cup of warm water,
- 1/2 cup milk,
- 1 teaspoon of yeast yeast,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 2-2,5 cups of flour,
- 200 g of curd cheese or crushed feta cheese,
- 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt,
- 1 egg,
- 4-5 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix water, milk, yeast and sugar in a deep bowl,
- Add the flour gradually and start mixing,
- Add salt in half of the flour,
- Add the remaining flour little by little, check the consistency and obtain a soft dough that does not stick to the hand,
- Cover and rest it in a warm place for 30-45 min.,
- Divide the dough into three pieces,
- Take one of the pieces on the counter and roll it into a rectangular size of approximately 15 * 50 cm and cut it in lengthwise into two,
- Put cheese along both pieces and fold both of them from both edges into the middle,
- Cut into 1-1.5 cm pieces and place the pieces in a 26 cm greased baking dish,
- Roll and prepare the remaining dough in the same way,
- Cover the baking dish and set aside for 20 min.,
- Beat the egg, yogurt, vegetable oil and salt for the sauce in a separate bowl,
- Pour over the sauce and bake in a 180 ° C preheated oven until golden brown.