I tried a different version of classic crazy cake. Instead of vinegar I used orange juice and orange peels. The smell is amazing. You can also add ground walnut or hazelnuts into the cake.
The recipe has no eggs, no milk and no butter. It is mixed in the baking dish, so no dishes. It can be the easiest cake recipe ever.
As the baking dish is not greased I was concerned that it will stick to the dish but it didn’t. Actually the edges sticked a little bit but it was easy to seperate with a knife. The bottom didn’t stick even an inch.
I used the fan setting of the oven. So that the top was so soft. You can use fan setting if you have or you can bake in a regular setting. If tha top becomes firm, you can just cover the cake with a kitchen towel as soon as you remove the cake from the oven. With the vapor of the cake the top will soften. You can use this trick for any cake, cookie or pastries.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 1.5 cups of flour,
- 1 cup powdered sugar,
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder,
- 1 teaspoon baking soda,
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- Half of an orange,
- 1 cup of water at room temperature.
- Take flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda into a 20 * 30cm baking dish,
- Grate the orange peel and squeeze the juice into the mixture,
- Add liquid oil and water, mix with a spoon until smooth,
- Flatten the top and bake in a 170 C degrees oven until the toothpick comes clean.