- 2 egg whites,
- 50 gr. almond meal,
- 1 cup powdered sugar,
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder,
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar.
Chocolate ganache filling;
- 120 gr. dark chocolate,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- Place the powdered sugar, almond meal and cocoa powder in a food processor and pulse several times to aerate,
- In a separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites using an electric mixer until you get soft peaks,
- Add in 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar and continue beating until you get stiff peaks,
- Fold the almond mixture into the egg whites in 3 batches using a spatula,
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag and pipe out 1-1/4-inch rounds about 1 inch apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment,
- Pick up the baking sheet and bang them against the work surface to help create the macaroon base, or foot,
- Let the rounds sit at room temperature for 1 hour to dry the tops and ensure even cooking,
- Bake at 175 degrees celsius preheated oven for 10-15 mins,
- For the ganache, heat the heavy cream in a saucepan until it comes to a simmer,
- Add in the chopped chocolate and butter, let it sit for 2 mins, then stir until everything is well combined,
- After the macaroons cool down completely, spread some of the ganache filling and top with another macaroon.