I have a snack recipe that is easily prepared with few ingredients and just taste like real cheesecake. It’s more like my no bake easy cheeecake for two. With the addition of chocolate coating, of course, it has reached a higher level.
I used blueberries as fruit in it. Of course it is possible to diversify, but blueberries have an advantage. They have no juice outside. When you want to use strawberries you will need to chop them, for example. This will cause watering. It will not be easy to put a fruit flowing over it into a mixture which is already difficult to shape. Again, blackberries and black mulberries are quite large to use as a whole, and when they are cut down, watering problem will arise. If you can find it in small sizes it will be easy to use raspberries I think.
Another solution is to freeze the fruits you want to use after cutting them in small pieces. But it may not be desirable as this will make a practical recipe difficult, but it is worth knowing.
As I said above, the cheese mixture is not easy to shape. You can’t just take and roll it. But once you cover it with ground biscuit, you can easily hold and roll it.
If you want a more innocent or more practical dessert, you can skip the chocolate covering step. The biscuit covered version (in my opinion) is also delicious.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 200 g cream cheese,
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar,
- Grated peels of 1 lemon,
- 10 blueberries,
- 15 petit beurre biscuits,
- 100 g of chocolate,
- For topping chopped nuts or grated coconut, etc.
- In a food processor pulse the biscuits into flour,
- Mix the cheese, powdered sugar and lemon peels with a spoon (don’t beat),
- Take a piece from the mixture with a teaspoon and place into the ground biscuits with the back of another clean teaspoon,
- Insert a blueberry into the mixture and trying not to touch chesee mixture cover it with biscuits,
- Prepare all ingredients in the same way,
- Place in the freezer for 10 min. to rest,
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave,
- cover the balls with chocolate and place them on a wax paper,
- Top with chopped peanuts, hazelnuts, coconut etc.,
- Chill in the fridge.