Today I want to talk about a big problem everyone who cooks regularly experiences. End of february and whole march is the hardest times to find something to cook. Winter vegetables are slowly starting to disappear from the supermarkets and summer vegetables are not out yet.
Celery root is also one of the vegetables that is hard to find in these times. You’ll find five celeries in a supermarket, and three of them is withered. There is a delicious recipe that you can prepare with two celery roots. If you like chickpeas, it’s likely that you will also like this stew even if you don’t like celery roots.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 2 celery roots, chopped in cubes,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 2 cup canned chickpeas,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1 tsp of chilli pepper,
- 4-5 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- Heat oil in a pot, add the onion and sauté until soft,
- Add the tomato paste and roast until it until smells good,
- Add the ground pepper and stir,
- Add the celery, stir well,
- Add water to pass over and cook on low heat until it is soft with the lid covered,
- Add the canned chickpeas and cook for a few minutes more,
- Add the salt and stir and remove from the heat.